Pulaski County Sheriff Greg Speck reports that a Somerset, Kentucky resident was arrested on Saturday, November 17, 2018 following a traffic stop by Deputy Zach Mayfield.
Roscoe Sheerwood Godby, Jr., age 45 of Shopfield Road, Somerset was operating a 1998 Toyota Camry on Allens Way when Deputy Mayfield conducted a traffic stop in the parking lot of Paul's Carwash South. Pulaski 911 Dispatch confirmed that Mr. Godby was being sought on a Kentucky Probation and Parole Warrant for violating the terms of his parole.
Deputy Mayfield placed Roscoe Godby, Jr. under arrest and with the assistance of Deputy Marcus Harrison began a search of the vehicle. The search produced 23.77 grams of suspected methamphetamine in a clear plastic baggie, 5 small baggies containing suspected methamphetamine totaling 9.17 grams, a small quantity of marijuana, four and a half xanax bars, eleven hydromorphone pills, two sets of digital scales and two glass pipes. In the trunk of the vehicle, deputies found 16 white pills later identified as promethazine. A search of Mr. Godby produced $213.00 cash which was also seized. A set of brass knuckles was located in the subject's back pocket.
Additionally, a Police Scanner was located in the vehicle at the time of the search.
Mr. Godby was lodged in the Pulaski County Detention Center on the following charges:
1. Carrying a Concealed Weapon
2. Illegal Possession of a Legend Drug
3. Trafficking in a Controlled Substance, 1st Degree. 1st Offense (>or =2 gms.Methamphetamine).
4. Possession of Marijuana
5. Possession of Controlled Substance, 3rd Degree-Drug Unspecified
6. Drug Paraphernalia -Deliver/Manufacture
7. Possess/Use of Radio that Sends/Receives Police Messages.
8. Trafficking in Controlled Substance, 1st Degree, 1st Off. (<10 D>U> Drug Unspecified Sch. 1 & 2).
9. Absconding Parole Supervision (Warrant)
Sergeant Cary York and Deputy Aaron Curtis of the PCSO also assisted at the scene.