Green County, KY (May 7, 2019) - On Sunday, May 5th, 2019 at approximately 7:59pmET, KSP Post 15 was notified that officers with the Campbellsville Police Department were in pursuit of a 2010 Chevy Impala being operated by LaRhonda Perez of Campbellsville, KY. Perez had active arrest warrants against her. Trooper Marvin Blakey joined the pursuit on KY 61N. The pursuit reached speeds in excess of 100 MPH as Perez crossed into Larue County on 31E toward Hodgenville, KY. She lost control of her vehicle in a curve near Save-A-Lot.
Perez was arrested on the following charges:
- Speeding, 26 mph over the limit
- Fleeing or Evading Police, 1st degree (motor vehicle)
- Wanton Endangerment, 1st degree (police officer)
- DUI 2nd (aggravating circumstance)
- Reckless Driving
- Improper Passing
- Failure to Wear Seatbelts
- Failure to Produce Insurance Card &
- Resisting Arrest
LaRhonda Perez was lodged in the Taylor County Detention Center.