Tuesday, October 7, 2019 is the last day to register to vote in the November 5th General Election.
- How do I register to vote? Adair County Clerk’s Office, 424 Public Square Suite 3, Columbia, KY (by submitting a voter registration card by mail or in person), Russell County Clerk's Office, 410 Monument Square, Jamestown, KY, or online at https://vrsws.sos.ky.gov/ovrweb/govoteky
- Do I have to register before each election? No, once you have register to vote, you do not have to re-register for each election. Re-registration is necessary only if you have moved or legally changed your name, or failed to vote in 2 presidential elections.
- I recently moved, do I have to update my registration? Yes, updating your registration is necessary if you have moved or legally changed your name. You can make updates to your registration online, or by submitting a voter registration application by mail or in person.
- The deadline to register has passed; can I still update my registration? No, once the voter registration deadline has passed, the voter registration rolls are frozen until after the next election. Any changes made after the deadline please come into the Clerk’s Office or call 270-384-2801 for directions.
- I am U.S. Citizen residing overseas or military, how do I register to vote? For information on how to register or obtain a ballot, visit Military and Overseas Voters (http://govoteky.com/voters/pages/military-or-overseas-voters)
- I am 17 years old, can I register to vote? State law allows for pre-registration at 17 years of age, but you must be 18 years of age on or before the next General Election Day (November 5) to vote.
For additional information or questions, call your local county clerk's office. In Adair County, 270-384-2801. In Russell County, 270-343-2125.