Free at-home COVID-19 rapid tests are available for order and shipment through the United States Postal Service®. Each order will contain 4 tests. There is a limit of 1 order per residential address. Additional tests cannot be ordered regardless of the size of the household.
This effort is part of a federal program to provide free at-home COVID-19 tests with free shipping to every residential address and residential PO Box™ in the United States. Orders cannot be shipped outside of the United States, but we do ship to APO/FPO/DPO addresses and U.S. territories and possessions. Tests cannot be ordered for business addresses or business PO Boxes. Orders will ship free starting in late January. Tests will usually ship within 7-12 days.
These free at-home COVID-19 tests can be ordered online or by phone.
- To complete the order online, please visit: www.covidtests.gov
- To receive order confirmation and tracking information, please provide an email address. USPS Customer Care agents will not be able to retrieve your tracking number & cannot assist you without it.
- If you complete your order without an email address, you will not have any access to tracking information or be able to receive any assistance locating your order.
- Service Requests and Missing Mail searches cannot be submitted without a tracking number.
- If you do not have access to the internet and need to place an order by phone, you can call the covidtests.gov test kit order fulfillment helpline at:
- 1-800-232-0233 (TTY 1-888-720-7489)
- Hours: 8 am - Midnight Eastern, 7 days per week.