UPDATE: (January 23, 2023) - Following an investigation by KSP, the Washington County Grand Jury has returned an indictment for James Dalton Jeffries and Savannah Brooke Turner of Springfield, KY. The charges are the following:
- Criminal Abuse 1st Degree - Child 12 or Under
- Wanton Endangerment - 1st Degree
- Trafficking in a Controlled Substance - 1st Degree (Methamphetamine)
- Drug Paraphernalia - Buy/Possess
Both individuals have been arrested and lodged in the Marion County Detention Center.
SPRINGFIELD, KY (November 14, 2022) – On November 13, 2022, the Kentucky State Police (KSP) Post 15 received a call from the Marion County 911 Center in reference to a 1 month old child that had arrived at Spring View Hospital emergency room in Lebanon. The child arrived at the hospital with signs of possible physical abuse and was being treated for life-threatening injuries. The child was later transported via medical helicopter to Norton’s Children’s Hospital in Louisville.
A KSP trooper responded to Spring View Hospital and launched an investigation. As a result of medical examinations and interviews completed during the investigation, 25-year-old James Dalton Jeffries of Springfield, KY was arrested and is being charged with the following:
- Criminal Abuse 1st Degree – Child 12 or Under
- Assault 1st Degree
- Wanton Endangerment 1st Degree
- Assault 4th Degree (Domestic Violence)
- Trafficking Controlled Substance 1st Degree (Methamphetamine)
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
Mr. Jeffries was lodged at the Marion County Detention Center. The investigation is being conducted and is ongoing by Trooper James Ford.